Aller au contenu

Les comic books

Déchet(s) recommandé(s)

Mes deux derniers achats:

dvtpb.jpgvenom-vol-2-20110303002539374-000.jpg

J'ai lu le Venom et c'est excellent. J'aime beaucoup les dessins, l'écriture est de qualité et le récit est prenant. Ça fait quand même du bien de voir Venom dans une histoire avec de la profondeur. Remender fait une sacrée bonne job, dommage qu'il ait quitté après 22 numéros. Je planifie lire toute la run de Remender.

Pour ce qui est de New 52, je suivais Action Comics mais je trouvais que plus les "trades" avançaient, plus c'était ennuyant et décousu. J'ai donc laissé tomber et semble-t-il que ce fut une bonne idée puisque les critiques sont toujours aussi mauvaises.

Je compte essayer Nightwing, Aquaman, Superman Unchained et peut-être plus tard Swamp Thing et Animal Man. Évidemment je vais suivre Batman et Green Lantern mais je suis en train de lire les arcs classiques du premier et de me mettre à jour dans le second avant de commencer les séries New 52.

• J'aime! 1

• 2 semaines plus tard...

J'ai lu ces derniers temps les paperbacks suivants:

978-1-4012-3454-6.jpg

Vraiment rafraîchissant. Après des années d'histoires interconnectées qui finissaient toutes par se ressembler (encore plus quand on les lit l'une à la suite de l'autre comme j'ai fait), Johns décroche enfin de ses méga-combats intergalactiques pour donner un peu plus de "gras" psychologique à son travail. Hal Jordan est de retour sur Terre et ne fait plus partie des Green Lanterns, alors que Sinestro est réintégré au corps. Ça se lit très vite, mais c'est excellent. Bien hâte de lire le deuxième volume.

comics003_t607.jpg

Encore du Geoff Johns mais il est partout dans le New 52 et c'est probablement le meilleur auteur de DC avec Scott Snyder. Aquaman est un personnage qu'à peu près tout le monde trouve plate depuis des années et Jonhs s'est donné le défi de lui redorer les écailles. Pari relevé avec brio. On est accroché dès le premier numéro. J'adore comment Johns intègre à son récit le mépris général dont Aquaman est victime. Une autre série que je vais suivre.

Malheureusement Johns a quitté Green Lantern depuis quelques mois et vient de quitter Aquaman. Green Lantern est toujours très bien coté mais j'ai hâte de voir si Aquaman survivra aussi bien au départ de son auteur.

• 2 semaines plus tard...

BMuWde2CMAAsNZ0.jpg

Encore une fois c'est excellent mais beaucoup trôp court. Par contre c'est assez amusant de lire sur le net que quelques uns sont frustrés parce qu'ils n'y comprennent rien.

Faut dire que déjà là ça plus été fait pour ceux qui ont suivi la série et qui connaissent bien la mythologie en plus de continuer les intrigues des saisons 8 et 9 avec l'importance de William et la magnétite (introduite dans la saison 9) qui ici prend un rôle beaucoup plus majeur dans ce début de saison avec un réseau de pipeline, l'intérêt de groupes privés et le Yellowstone.

Bref. j'attend le prochain numéro avec impatience mais un mois avant chaque numéro c'est vraiment un fucking calvère.

Modifié par The Eternal

• 4 mois plus tard...

Du nouveau à propos du prochain arc mythologique qui va être lui aussi étalé sur 5 numéros.

XFiless10-11-cvrA.jpg

The aliens finally return this April in IDW Publishing's "X-Files: Season Ten" #11. "Pilgrims" is writer Joe Harris and artist Matthew Dow Smith's first story-arc designed specifically to deal with the classic alien mythology that was a recurring plotline through all nine season of the hit television series. Over the course of the arc, Special Agents Mulder and Scully, newly reinstated in the FBI, travel to the Middle East to investigate a terror attack only to discover something they thought they'd never see again -- Purity, or as it's better known, the black oil.

Gillian Anderson & David Duchovny Discuss "The X-Files" 20th Anniversary

Casey spoke with CBR News about bringing back the alien conspiracy, explaining how the black oil ties into everything, why he refuses to use ret-cons and why some plotlines are going to go untouched for now, just in case creator Chris Carter decides to pick them up for a potential "X-Files 3" film.

CBR News: Fans have been waiting since issue #1 for this, so how will your new "X-Files: Season 10" arc touch on the alien mythos that was at the heart of the show's nine seasons?

XFiles-S10-11-CoverRI-Smith-col-cf1aa.jpg

Joe Harris: We're going to be getting into the central "X-Files" idea that there is already an alien presence on Earth. That there are secrets that humanity doesn't know a lot about and there are forces out there swirling to uncover those secrets in order to horde, capitalize and benefit from them. The initial arc, "Believers," was really about resetting the deck. It was about a cult of half-alien characters that were hunting Dana Scully and the son she gave up for adoption, William. It was an opportunity to introduce all the characters and introduce the concept that there was a conspiracy centered on the alien plot to repopulate the planet Earth.

In this new arc, "Pilgrims," everything is up and running a little bit and we've been laying some clues about what's really behind the characters that have been coming back, what's up with the reemergence with some of the concepts related to the alien plot, like Purity, and in the new arc we'll see all those things kicked up a notch. We're going to thrust Mulder and Scully back into this alien world. Some old threats that they thought were dead and buried come back, and some new threats emerge. They're going to have to figure out what's really at stake for humanity and who they can trust and what's happening.

We're bringing back a major character people haven't seen in a while, too, that will make fans both delighted and disgusted in turn. I wish I could spill the beans on who it is, but all I can say is there will be a very polarizing reaction to his return. We'll also develop the neo-syndicate more, including advancing just exactly how the Smoking Man is walking around, considering we saw him get blown up by rockets in the series finale.

RELATED: Lone Gunmen Take Center Stage in Crilley's "X-Files: Conspiracy"

"Pilgrims" is also set to incorporate the infamous black oil from the TV show, arguably one of the most popular aspects of the entire "X-Files" canon. How's it going to play in to this new arc?

We've been not-so-coyly teasing its return in the solicitation copy. It's vague, but it's not too hard to figure out if you're a fan. A new deposit of Purity, the black oil, is uncovered and this discovery ends up bringing the FBI to Saudi Arabia because of an attack on the largest oil field on the planet. Some Americans are killed in the attack, and since the FBI is the lead investigatory agency when Americans are killed overseas, they go to investigate. They end up discovering that there's a lot more than oil drilling at the facility. There's a lot more forces they end up having to deal with than just the Saudi government, too. Basically, there's something else going on under the sands in the Middle East.

mds-xfiles-scully-0eefe.jpg

We'll also deal with the idea that not all the aliens are bad, as has been touched on in the past. There's been this idea that there are rebels seeking to thwart the plans to recolonize the Earth. Some of the things that Mulder and Scully discover as the black oil is returned to the mythology is that some of the would-be alien colonists are not as advertised. Some of them just want to go home after many, many millennia buried under the Earth.

In your first arc, "Believers," Scully was hunted by a group of half-alien cultists called the Acolytes. Are these the same aliens that appear in "Pilgrims?"

They're separate groups, although we might see the Acolytes playing a role in this arc, as well. I don't like to keep too many things dangling, so we'll be at least touching on some of the stuff left over from the first arc. I like to believe that everything fits together into a tapestry.

So we might see Mr. X again, too?

I would love that. His presence ties into the mystery at the heart of the neo-syndicate. Similarly, we've seen the Smoking Man have difficulties. He's not quite himself. You may, in fact, see X at some point. He's certainly a person favorite of mine, but everything is not as it seems. I expect that if we see him again, it won't be his glory days.

One thing I'm trying to do is not use ret-cons. Instead, I try to find creative answers to bring people back without changing the past. A lot of people want to see these characters, but it's important to me to not act like everyone had a miraculous recovery to appear again. There has to be a creative purpose for these characters coming back. It has to fit into some over-arching plan that will grow fruit later.

One of the biggest and most welcome surprises of the series for me was opening up issue #2 and seeing Special Agent Doggett there. Doggett is easily one of my favorite characters, so I was a little bummed when he immediately went missing! Are there more plans in store for the character?

It's fascinating to me you say that. I think it's cool, 'cause I like him too. I love when people tell me they love Doggett. Although I remember when the show was out and everybody was like, "Fuck this guy! I mean, I like 'Terminator 2,' but where the hell is Mulder?!"

Stay tuned, though, he will be coming back in some capacity. I like writing him and I thought it was fun having him back in that brief scene. I had no idea what we were going to do with him after that, but I was glad he showed up. And you're not the first person to tell me they love Doggett, either. I'm shocked by how many people really, really like John Doggett!

mulder-mds-eabd6.jpg

I never understood why everyone hated him back then. It was probably just because he wasn't Fox Mulder. Whoever took that role was going to face a certain amount of fan backlash, no matter who they were.

Yeah, totally. I also think people found it hard to accept that he was going to play opposite Scully. People really resisted the idea of Scully having an on-screen connection with anyone other than Mulder. I feel that that manifested a little bit in Scully and Doggett's relationship on-screen, for the better.

When we spoke last year, you mentioned that the series would eventually address the fact that the alien invasion prophesied to occur in 2012 on the series finale didn't actually end up happening. Are we getting closer to learning the truth?

It's a delicate dance. I'll be honest with you, we're trying to leave room for Chris Carter to tell the story he really wants to tell with regard to the invasion and the next chapter involving Scully's son William. So I would say, "Not exactly." However, I would hope we wouldn't continue to evade it, either. It's really a careful orchestration when you're in our position. We don't want to step on any ground Chris Carter might want to explore in a potential third "X-Files" movie, not that I have any inside info on where that project stands or what it would contain. I just know that there is ground he really wants to cover. So we're trying to leave a bit of a wide berth.

Overall, what's the reaction been like from fans since launching "X-Files?"

I would hesitate to say it's unanimous, because a lot of people have a lot of strong feelings when it comes to "The X-Files." But by and large, it's been met with a lot of appreciation. I hear from people all the time on social media, at shows and at signings that they're really excited. They think we got the voices of the characters down, that they sound just like Agents Mulder and Scully.

Source.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50690

Modifié par The Eternal

• 8 mois plus tard...

Après X-Files c'est au tour de Millennium d'être de retour.

Friday afternoon at New York Comic Con, IDW Publishing announced an upcoming miniseries adaptation of cult Chris Carter TV show "Millennium" written by Joe Harris, who also pens IDW's "X-Files: Season 10." Featuring interior art by Colin Lorimer and covers by menton3, series creator Carter will reprise his "Season 10" role as executive producer.

Debuting in 1996 on FOX, "Millennium" followed the exploits of Seattle-based ex-FBI agent Frank Black (Lance Henriksen) as he tracked down serial killers using his paranormal ability to see through the eyes of murderers. The show lasted three seasons before its cancellation in 1999.

Harris Brings Back the Black Oil in "X-Files: Season 10"

Harris spoke about "Millennium" with CBR News before the convention, revealing X-Files Agent Fox Mulder will appearing in the first issue and hinting at plans for both "X-Files: Season 10" and "Harsh Realm" crossovers.

CBR News: Joe, why are you and IDW Publishing coming out with a "Millennium" series now, 15 years after the show left the airwaves?

Millenium01-cvr-d8f88.jpg

Joe Harris: I think the success of "The X-Files: Season 10" is what really made all this possible. We've worked really hard, on the other book, to make it an authentic experience for fans of the show while pushing to make the series a great read, and comic, in its own right.

IDW Editor-in-Chief, Chris Ryall had first hired me on "The X-Files" after I wrote up a take for where I wanted to push the canonical, comics continuation of that show. IDW loved what I came up with, as did FOX. And when "X-Files" creator Chris Carter put his arm around the venture and really, generously and effusively, validated our efforts, we were off to the races. And it was, I think, back over this past winter when Ryall again approached me about helping bring Chris Carter's other series, "Millennium," to comics.

We knew "Millennium" was going to be a different beast, but we also saw the opportunities to tie this all together a bit. "The X-Files" and "Millennium" shared a universe and my head lit up with lots of hooks and departures the stories could share. But, more interestingly, "Millennium" has a ton of great ideas that were never fully explored, along with shifting focuses of the show itself, from the dark and gritty serial killer-hunting going on throughout Season One to the more mythological world-building in Season Two, but all with this one man, Frank Black, caught in the middle.

I get asked about Frank Black a lot when I'm at conventions, and online. People love that character, and are devoted to the show. There's so much to draw on and build from there, the chance to deliver some new moments makes me really excited.

Honestly, everyone's been so supportive and appreciative of the work -- from the publisher, to the licensor, to the creator and, really importantly, the fans -- and that makes it really hard to not want to expand the circle a little.

What types of stories are you planning to tell with this miniseries?

Well, "Millennium" is a really unique concept and series with a lot of divergent ideas. The show really shifted in focus and tone over each of its three seasons on the air and those shifts, combined with its short lifespan, left a lot of unresolved stuff, and a lot of cool ideas that didn't get to develop over the years, say, "X-Files" had.

Our opening story guest-stars Agent Fox Mulder, who finds himself drawn into something far stranger than he initially realized when a serial killer he helped put away back when he was just a cadet is revealed to be connected to the infamous Millennium Group. But that's just one facet of this gathering of forces around Frank. It involves demons, the men who would hunt them, and the temptations they offer.

It's also about a father searching for his lost daughter. Jordan Black was always on track to be more powerful than Frank, with psychic abilities the Millennium Group were determined to add to their roster. The Group wanted her, and Frank risked everything to keep her safe. But now she's gone, and while Frank is hunting for her, darker forces are hunting them both.

In "The X-Files" episode "Millennium," we saw Frank stuck in an institution following his harrowing ordeal with the Group, his own losses, and the weight his psychic powers placed on him day after day, case after case. Agents Mulder and Scully solicited his help in stopping a necromancer with Millennium Group connections from triggering the end of the world. The cataclysm was halted. The year 1999 flipped over to 2000 and life went on.

Or did it?

That's one of the driving elements of this series. We'll learn that this catastrophic "Millennium Event" everyone was counting down toward during the show did, in fact, take place at the turn of the new century. It's just been simmering in the background, fucking with the world and steering it toward the apocalypse all along. Now it's gathering steam, and only Frank can stop it.

Joe Harris Explores IDW's "X-Files: Season 10"

Will there be an ongoing series eventually?

I believe our plan is to start with a five-issue series and really re-establish Frank Black, the shadowy remnants of the Millennium Group he once belonged to that turned on him, and which, we think, was dissolved, then gauge the temperature.

Millenium01-cvrRI-f74a9.jpg

Fox Mulder will guest-star in the miniseries that brings Frank Blank and his visions to the comic book page

What's it like working with artists Colin Lorimer and menton3 on this project?

First off, Colin has been wonderful. He stepped in and did a fantastic job on the two-issue "X-Files: Season 10" arc we're in the midst of right now, "Immaculate" which will offer a surprise guest appearance in issue #17 that sets the stage for "Millennium," the comics series.

And Menton is just a stud. We've been lucky to have so many talented cover artists who really love "The X-Files," from Francesco Francavilla to Charles Paul Willson III to Mark Haley and Carlos Venezuela, but something about Menton's take on some of the more complex and seamy elements of that mythos, like his incentive covers for issue #3 featuring the Cigarette Smoking Man, or Flukeman from issue #6, just made him the perfect guy to portray Frank Black on the stands.

Is "Millennium" creator and "X-Files: Season 10" executive producer Chris Carter involved in this new series?

Chris has been our "Executive Producer," trusting my vision to shepherd these stories and characters along. He seems comfortable with me, but he's reviewing what we do and I expect I'll know if he's not happy!

Going back to when it was on the air, why do you think "Millennium" never connected with an audience the way "The X-Files" did?

Well, it's a headier brew. At its best, "The X-Files" certainly rose above genre trappings and the overall 'thriller' genre tag I think you can apply to it. But "Millennium" is more philosophical, more haunting, and, I think, more challenging. It's a broody, contemplative exploration of the coming apocalypse, the evil outside and, most important, the capacity for evil within.

What were your experiences with the show before being brought on to the comic? What were some of your favorite episodes?

I watched it back when. Definitely not as much as I did "The X-Files," but I was supportive of what they were trying to do and intrigued by Lance Henriksen's amazing portrayal of Frank Black. I don't think I grasped the challenge of falling into this show, back when I was a kid, as much as I dig it now. It's a meditative experience.

So far as favorite episodes go, I've got a bunch, mostly from the first two seasons including "The Judge," "The Hand of Saint Sebastian," "A Room With No View," "The Curse of Frank Black," "Midnight of the Century," along with the multi-part serialized episodes like "Owls" and "Roosters." Season Three's "Sound of Snow" is a memorable episode, too.

On TV, "Millennium" famously crossed over with "The X-Files." Since you're writing both comic books now, could we see those crossover as well?

If I told you those plans, we'd have nothing to talk about next time!

Are there any other classic TV shows you'd like to adapt for comics? Perhaps "Harsh Realm," Chris Carter's other FOX show?

Hey, I'm up for it. I suspect we can probably find a place to tease "Harsh Realm" without getting into trouble so keep a look out.

Switching gears to your creator-owned work, what's going on with your Image series "Great Pacific" at the moment?

We're presently wrapping up our "Big Game Hunters" arc which has just been a traumatic experience of death, destruction and failed dreams. But both it, and the sadistic villain we recently introduced, Baston Duvalier, are about to reach a pretty twisted and satisfying end.

Soon after that, artist and co-creator Martin Morazzo and I are going to make an announcement regarding some 2015 plans.

"Millennium" #1 will be available in early 2015 from IDW Publishing.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56162

• 1 an plus tard...

Je remonte ce sujet dans l'espoir de recevoir quelques suggestions de lecture. J'ai un intérêt pour tout ce qui mêle l'horreur et/ou la science-fiction à l'absurde, au surréalisme, à une logique de rêve, etc. J'ai par exemple lu quelques ouvrages de Charles Burns, notamment son célèbre Black Hole, et j'ai adoré. Connaissez-vous des bandes dessinées qui pourraient me plaire ? Les superhéros m'attirent très peu, mais ça peut m'intéresser si l'histoire correspond à mes critères.

Si vous connaissez des bandes dessinées québécoises, même si elles ne s'apparentent que de loin à ce que je recherche, je suis également preneur.

Merci d'avance !

Bête (copieux) à dire, mais j'ai mis les doigts sur un Scott Pilgrim à mon petit frères et j'ai fini par dévoré les...6(?) Tomes. Vraiment chouette.
Bien plus sympa que le film... Et voir le film avant n'a pas gaché grand chose.
(PS: Concernant le film, la version Francaise Quebecoise est nettement meilleurs et plus fidèle que celle de France. Et les voix y sont moins chiantes)

Bref, Je comptais aller voir d'autres affaires du même auteur.

Veuillez vous connecter pour commenter

Vous pourrez laisser un commentaire après vous êtes connecté.

Je veux revenir!
 Partager

• Créer...